Results from our recent Sustainability Survey indicate that 94% of our staff members feel it is important for
The Co-operators Youth Program for Sustainability Leadership
We are continuing our work to develop insurance products that help the sustainability of communities and the environment, including socially responsible investment products, hybrid vehicle discounts and green policy endorsements such as Enviroguard and insure2green, which allow clients to restore their property after a claim with environmentally responsible options.
Responsible Corporate Citizenship
We’re always looking for new ways to make our day-to-day business practices more sustainable.
- We replaced our fleet of company vehicles with fuel efficient and hybrid vehicles.
- We offer public transit discounts to staff and car pooling in some locations.
- When we renovate office space, we choose sustainable and energy efficient solutions and track energy usage in our major facilities.
- All of our offices have recycling facilities. Many also recycle batteries and printer cartridges.
- We’re researching and adopting environmentally friendly claims handling practices.
- As a member of Imagine Canada, we annually donate a percentage of our pre-tax profit to Canadian charities and non-profit organizations.
- We regularly hold challenges as well as share tips to support our staff in becoming personal sustainability champions.
The Co-operators Foundation
The CED funds were established in 1995 to commemorate our 50th Anniversary. Over the past 15 years, the CED funds have distributed $2.9 million to 76 organizations across the country to help marginalized individuals move towards self-reliance.
One excellent example of how support can make all the difference is A-Way Express Courier, one of the oldest existing social enterprises in Toronto. They offer meaningful employment, income and increased self confidence to individuals with mental health challenges.