Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for an Underwriter I - Commercial, Farm, Corporate Accounts in our Calgary location , this is a 8 month temporary contract. This role is responsible for underwriting risks within their assigned authority. Provide new business and renewal quotes for individual risks using published guidelines. Respond directly to inquiries from internal and external clients. Exercise sound underwriting judgment in the decision to accept, reject or modify the risk.
- Minimum two (2) years work related experience or post-secondary education degree/diploma in insurance studies is preferred
- Actively working towards Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Designation.
- Demonstrated competency in the use of email, internet and MS Office
- Knowledge of product and client associated systems is an asset.
- A temporary employment opportunity with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary and a benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada
- Opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to giving back to your community through volunteering and an emphasis on environmental and sustainable business practices.
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by March 29, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.
|140 , 6700 Macleod Trail SE
Calgary, AB T2H0L3