Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Corporate Tax team provides corporate income tax and commodity tax services to all companies within the Group of Companies. The Taxation Manager of Commodity and Life Insurance Taxes role reports to the Senior Director of Taxation and this role can progress to a work level 2C. This role is responsible for managing the delivery of all life insurance tax services and commodity tax services to the Group of companies. This role will also be responsible for managing the technical implementation of the tax technology solution (currently in progress).
- CA, CGA or CMA designation, and completion of In-Depth Level 1 & II Tax Course, completion of CICA Commodity Tax Course preferred
- Minimum 1.5 years accounting/audit experience and five years corporate and commodity income tax experience, preferably at least two years in public practice tax function. Preference Life insurance corporate tax and/or insurance commodity tax experience.
- Strong IFRS accounting background and demonstrated ability to apply IFRS transaction and income tax accounting standards
- Knowledge of corporate legal language, principles and comprehensive knowledge of tax statues.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use Tax Research Software to research income tax & transaction-based tax issues.
- Demonstrated up-to-date knowledge of automated accounting systems and processes in order to identify and assist accounting users in making significant improvements to transaction-based tax accounting and reporting processes.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, understand & oversee end-to-end accounting/transaction-based tax processes.
- Tech savy - Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and demonstrated desire to maximize efficient use of technology.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and ability and in presentation of technical (tax law) subject matter
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment
- A full time position with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by February 27, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.