Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
Manages projects with strategic impact for one or more business units. Projects are typically of medium to high priority nature involving multi-disciplinary teams of 10-25. May manage vendors within the overall parameters of a contract. Typically has 6-10 years of project management including management of complex projects. This role requires the development of new concepts and the ability to anticipate long term implications. Project Manager Position(s) is responsible for the definition and execution of project deliverables and the day- to- day management of the entire project. The Project Manager is the main liaison for the team members with the Steering Committee, Project Sponsor, Project Director as appropriate. The Project Manager must be able to proactively anticipate project deviations, communicate such deviations when appropriate and facilitate taking immediate corrective action.
- PMP Certified
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the project management field of which 5 have been spent in P&C Insurance
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading teams in the development and ongoing support of Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse systems for the P&C insurance industry
- Understanding of Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse design concepts
- Proven track record of successful project delivery
- Detailed understanding of P&C Policy Administration systems
- Skilled in both Waterfall and Agile software development methodologies
- Capable of working in a highly collaborative environment with business partners
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the organizations Project Management methods, techniques, processes and practices.
- Mature relationship management skills
- Strong people management and mentorship skills
- University Degree
- Time and deadline management.
- Additional skills required include excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, ability to communicate with management, user community and application developers.
- Ability to monitor and build project plans.
- Experience in delivery of infrastructure/software solutions.
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment
- A full time position with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by February 15th, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.
|130 Macdonell St.
Guelph, ON N1H6P8