Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for a Product Specialist location is Flexible. Recognized as the product expert, the Product Specialist provides product expertise and a depth of knowledge on coverages and on the national, regulatory, legislative and industry environment. They provide research and leadership in developing and maintaining products and coverages to positively affect portfolio profitability and meet the needs and preferences of clients. They will maintain and create underwriting and risk selection rules across all portfolios. They are responsible for product design and overseeing the development of wordings. They provide product expertise to all programs and initiatives and Manufacturing projects and implementations.
- Bilingual (English & French ) is a mandatory requirement .
- Minimum 5 years successful PL/SL underwriting experience is preferred
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation required. FCIP with a major in Underwriting or Risk Management preferred.
- University degree (Business, Economics, Mathematics preferred) or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of PL/SL products, policy wordings, reference and training materials, Insurance Acts and provincial legislation/requirements.
- Able to break down complex variables and derive solutions to address issues in an environment impacted by external forces.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Thorough knowledge of how work is done in a project environment.
- Knowledge of business application systems (e.g. GCFC, PMSC, AS400, SIGMA, GNA, FIPT, Policycenter, CLink, GNC, REIN),and business productivity tools (i.e.: MSOffice, MSProject, internet.)
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment.
- A full time position with one of the 50 Best Employers In Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by January 28, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.