Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
This ia a 14 month temporary opportunity.
This role has a flexbile work location. It is available in Guelph, Mississauga, or Burlington Ontario, Regina Saskatchewan, or Calgary, Alberta.
Reporting to the Manager of Marketing Programs, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for applying highly developed marketing planning and execution skills to marketing programs. The Marketing Specialist is also responsible for the execution of our direct marketing, contest and response incentive programs.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead, execute and monitor effectiveness of projects as assigned, which could include direct mail programs, e-mail programs and marketing materials. This includes project management, development of content, research, execution, testing and final approval of both printed copies and e-mail blasts. This also includes making and applying recommendations based on research, client input and steering committees to ensure effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage existing direct marketing campaigns, plans and process, as assigned and as developed under your own initiative in response to marketing and corporate objectives. These include print and electronic communications
- Manage and monitor ongoing campaign programs, including accountability for ensuring distribution of regular reporting metrics with recommendations for review or improvement.
- Responsible for the execution of programs within a set budget
- Project manage the creative aspects of the print and online versions of marketing projects. This includes development of creative briefs, gathering feedback, final sign off, testing, format and quantity approval, translation and distribution, as well as vendor management
- Coordinate and execute the contest and incentive programs, including all direct marketing programs. Responsible for prize money administration, internal communication, as well as participation in idea generation
- Close liaison with Marketing Consultants to ensure effective integration of new marketing initiatives into campaign scheduling to achieve maximum awareness in the marketplace
- Organize and document processes and procedures across functional teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Three (3) - five (5) years related experience in a marketing/insurance environment to understand the intricacies of graphic design, print production and marketing communication
- Experience in financial services/insurance
- University degree (marketing, communication)
- Ability to initiate, plan, lead and measure projects
- Excellent organization, scheduling, time management and multi-tasking skills; ability to apply meticulous attention to detail in a busy environment
- Strong working knowledge of personal computer and software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes) and internet principles and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A 14 month temporary position with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by February 1st, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.