Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
This role manages the development of marketing communication and support materials and programs, directs creative and copy development and manages production and distribution functions for assigned projects. This includes working with key groups of individuals to ensure marketing communications are consistent, timely, accurate, and support our key values. Manages the subject matter expert process to deliver accurate, high quality and timely communications. Liaises with the field, product areas, legal, other marketing staff and Head Office support, and vendors/suppliers.
This role is available in Guelph or Burlington Ontario, Regina Saskatchewan, or Calgary Alberta.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead, create and execute marketing and communication plans for a wide variety of print and online initiatives to assist in business development initiatives in support of various business lines. Consult with business units to create effective and comprehensive communication plans
- Manage the planning, communication and execution of conferences and special events for CUMIS Distribution (if required)
- Write, develop and manage sales communication
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the RFP documentation and communications process to ensure company brand and voice is represented in all RFP communications as required
- Initiate, develop and implement plans for publications and manage publication budget for each. Responsible to review and measure effectiveness of these publications. Make recommendations and execute based on research, client input and mandate of the program
- Conduct research and write communication materials to announce changes in products, services, industry and regulatory changes.
- Consults with stakeholders to facilitate enhancement of communications quality to clients from operations (standards, templates, best practices)
- Assist the Manager, Marketing Programs and Marketing Consultants in executing specific marketing and sales communication programs to support identified marketing plans
- Support the Marketing Programs Department objectives as part of the broader corporate marketing strategies
- Represent Marketing Programs, providing marketing input and direction on projects as required
- Act as technical resource to various business lines to provide advice about products, services, proposals and presentation
- Other projects as assigned
- Three (3) - five (5) years related experience in a marketing/insurance environment to understand the intricacies of graphic design, print production and marketing communication
- Experience in financial services/insurance
- Proven experience in writing
- Strong oral and written communication skills; writing skills to include business writing, technical writing, creative writing and writing for the Web
- University degree (marketing & communication)
- Experience working with agencies, printers and other marketing services providers as part of delivering marketing and advertising projects
- Excellent organization, scheduling, time management and multi-tasking skills; ability to apply meticulous attention to detail in a busy environment
- Strong working knowledge of personal computer and software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes) and internet principles and practices
- Strong inter-personal skills
- A 14 month temporary position with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by March 12th, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.