Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Sustainability & Citizenship, the Manager, Citizenship Programs is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of strategies, policies and practices to position The Co-operators as an impactful contributor to Canadian communities. This role has frequent and direct contact with both internal and external stakeholders in English and French enabling the company to be a good corporate citizen. The role will be responsible for researching, identifying best practices and future trends in corporate citizenship and social enterprises related to our Community Economic Development Funds and Co-operative Development Program. The Manager will be responsible for measuring and assessing the impact of the funds and reporting annually to the CED Board of Directors.
- University degree in Business Management or Social Sustainability Studies
- A seasoned professional with 7 – 10 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in the development, execution and monitoring of strategic initiatives in sustainability
- Strong research skills with ability to identify themes and trends from primary & secondary sources
- Competent in analysis, project management, sound business judgment, evaluation and measurement (for both business and social outcomes)
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, with experience presenting to large audiences
- Demonstrated ability to develop productive working relationships in cross-functional activities and with staff at a variety of work levels
- Ability to operate with a high degree of professionalism with excellent communication, networking and influence
- Superior time and deadline management
- Bilingualism (English/French) required
- Knowledge of the insurance industry an asset
- High level of personal computer skills required (Microsoft Office Suite)
- A full time position with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada.
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning.
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off.
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program.
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation.
- Opportunity to give back to your community through paid volunteer days.
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by February 18, 2014.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.
|130 Macdonell St
Guelph, ON N1H6P8