Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for a Loss Control Inspector I in Surrey, BC. The Loss Control Inspector I is responsible for providing loss control services for all property & casualty product lines within manufacturing, to internal and external clients, including the physical risk inspections of properties as assigned by the respective underwriting departments.
- A minimum three (3) years successful experience in related role is an asset.
- Preferred Chartered Insurance Professional courses, such as: C36 – Building Construction, Fire Protection, and Basic Hazards; C37 – Special Hazards and Processes; or C38 – Liability Loss Prevention; or equivalent course material or verified field experience in the life and fire protection field. Or completion of a fire protection engineering diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution. Ongoing education and certification as required to remain competent in this role is expected.
- Introductory knowledge of heating, mechanical and electrical concepts, and of fire protection systems to understand and assess potential hazards and operation of emergency equipment
- Maintain current up-to-date understanding of codes and standards to confirm compliance, as required in the role.
- Competency in the use of E-mail, Internet, MS Office and databases.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required for this role.
- A full time position with one the 50 Best Employers In Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by May 16, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.