Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for a Human Resources Advisor in our Calgary office. This is a 12 month temporary contract.
The Human Resources (HR) Advisor works in partnership with, and under the direction of, the HR Manager to provide coaching and counseling support on employee relations to management and staff, maintaining strong client relationships with business areas, promoting HR best practices and resolving HR issues effectively. The HR Advisor delivers HR services by implementing, communicating and interpreting HR programs and guidelines, facilitates workshops on human resources related content. This role works collaboratively with HR Advisors nationally and provides leadership to this group in the development of processes to ensure effective HR workflows and best practices.
- Five (5) years experience in Human Resources or related work experience
- Requires post-secondary degree in Business Administration or Human Resources
- Attained or actively working toward the Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation
- Previous supervisory or management experience would be considered an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Human Resources practices and employment legislation
- Working knowledge of effective business management practices, employee relations and team development approaches
- Demonstrated leadership ability and a track record of working collaboratively in a team oriented
- Competency in the use of email, internet and MS Office
- A temporary employment opportunity with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program.
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary and a benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada.
- Opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to giving back to your community through volunteering and an emphasis on environmental and sustainable business practices.
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by February 26, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.
|5550 1st Street
Calgary, AB T2H0C8