Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Decision Support Project Specialist provides project management and leadership skills to drive change, commonality and continuous improvement across the organization. This role works closely with Decision Support Directors across the organization at the subsidiary companies and often provides training and support to their teams. Acting as the business representative to the financial systems group, this role will also be responsible for the co-ordination of the annual consolidated financial plan both from the perspective of system processes and business processes. The role has management responsibility for a subset of a larger project. Projects typically have national strategic impact, are high priority in nature and involve multi-disciplinary teams with both internal (subsidiaries across the organization) and external (consultants) representation. A comprehensive understanding of the insurance industry and our organization, strong project management skills and excellent ability to take initiative are required for projects that are strategic in nature, high in priority, and involve national multi-disciplinary teams. Must be comfortable interacting with and presenting to various levels of staff and management. This is a technical role involving creating BPC reports and input templates. It may also involve assisting with implementing new or improved BPC applications.
- Accounting Designation (CA, CGA or CMA)
- Minimum 6 years related business or accounting experience
- Advanced technical skills in Excel, Word, Power Point
- Advanced analytical skills
- Knowledge of SAP business analytics tools would be an asset
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of insurance industry and insurance accounting would be an asset
- University Degree
- A full time position with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by March 1, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.