Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
Reporting to the Senior Counsel, the Corporate Law Clerk is responsible for the management of Legal Department records, providing support in document drafting, organizing corporate transactions (including M&A work), preparing board materials and conducting due diligence reviews of corporate records. The Corporate Law Clerk also provides direct administrative support to the General Counsels, Senior Counsels and Counsels in support of the Legal Department for The Co-operators Group of Companies. The Corporate Law Clerk also provides administrative support to the senior executive floor.
- Post-secondary legal credentials: law clerk certificate, paralegal licence or equivalent working knowledge.
- Minimum five years law clerk experience, in-house corporate legal experience preferred.
- Highly skilled in technology and software relating to word processing, communications, databases, presentations, web-based products, audio visual and virtual meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound judgement and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; with the ability to prioritize assignments and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, with a minimum of supervision and maintain confidentiality.
Knowledge of the insurance business and The Co-operators business structure would be an asset.
- A full time position with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by January 21st, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.
|130 Macdonell St
Guelph, ON N1H6P8