Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
This part-time role provides administrative and co-ordination work to meet the diverse needs of the Public Affairs department.
This role is 25 hours per week.
- Three to five years related Administrative and Public Affairs experience or equivalent in education.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and balance work for a diverse and busy team.
- Ability to liaise with external stakeholders and community members and act as a trusted and respected ambassador for the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including use of the Internet, Outlook (e-mail), Microsoft Excel, Access.
- PowerPoint, Word, Photoshop, etc.; knowledge of Teamsite and SiteCore is an asset.
- Good knowledge of The Co-operators group of companies, as well as basic knowledge of the co-operative model and the insurance industry.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- French Language (written and verbal) is preferred.
- A part time position with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by January 29, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.
|130 MacDonell Street
Guelph, ON N1H6P8