Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Financial Reporting teams provide financial accounting services across the Co-operators Group of Companies. The responsibilities of this position include payables and receivables, internal and external (including regulatory and statutory) reporting, GL entries and reconciliations, documentation and analysis. Flexibility regarding working hours is required during peak reporting periods. This role will support the Co-operators Life Insurance Company and its subsidiary companies.
- Accounting/Business graduate
- Minimum two years accounting or business related experience
- Enrolled in 3rd or 4th level of the CGA or CMA program
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in data entry
- Appropriate experience with Oracle
- Knowledge of insurance or reinsurance is preferred
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment
- A full time position with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by November 27, 2012.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.