Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for a temporary Underwriting Assistant in our Underwriting department in Regina for approximately 12 months.
The Underwriting Assistant provides support to Underwriters in their assessment of risk, pricing and changes to new/existing business.
Calculation of Demographic Net Rates for Quotes & Renewals
- Retrieve billed employee data from Administration System for billed group renewals
- Create self-reporting database to track self-reporting data received from Group Business Development Manager offices
- Analyze self-reporting renewal data or quote data to ensure all required information has been provided
- Request any missing information from Group Business Development Manager offices
- Configure data in appropriate groupings to match the plan set-up
- Format demographic data in Excel in preparation for import into Underwriting Pricing System for the quote/renewal
- Import data into Underwriting Pricing System to provide volumes, lives count and net demographic rates for all product lines
- Interpret quote specifications and/or contract provisions and/or special arrangement documents to determine plan design and input into Underwriting Pricing System to ensure proper pricing
- Assign employee occupation codes in consultation with the underwriter
- Determine the volume calculation method to be used
- Determine commission/expense schedule to be used in quote/renewal
- Generate demographic net rates in accordance with the employee groupings the underwriter has requested
- Set up any plan design changes for alternate pricing in Underwriting Pricing System and run rates
Existing Business (Renewal)
- Create the monthly renewal list to identify existing business to be renewed
- Based on documented procedures determine required reports for each renewal based upon size of group and Underwriter request
- Produce required renewal reports from Underwriting Pricing System, Access Databases and Excel in accordance with documented procedures
- Balance reports to premium, claims and reserve totals to ensure accuracy of renewal information
- Investigate and help resolve report balancing discrepancies
- Prepare employee data in excel template and forward to Group Actuarial for the stop loss calculation when required
- Format all client reports to meet PIPEDA privacy requirements
- Review entered data to ensure accuracy of both the data and its input
- Prepare any unique spreadsheets required by the underwriter for the completion of large, complex renewals
- Assemble the renewal documents for the underwriter’s analysis
New Sale Processing
- Determine and assign appropriate group number based on arrangement and update Excel spreadsheet
- Record new sale on Group Track system
- Advise other Head Office departments including Sales Office of acceptance of new sale and of any product selection that requires an action on their part
- Verify that the input on the Underwriting Pricing System matches the final sale
- Assign occupation codes to the enrollment forms for input into Administration System
- Verify, investigate and communicate any coverage amounts that are to be grandfathered
- Update Underwriting Pricing System with group number and NAICS code
- Contact Underwriter and/or Group Business Development Managers for missing information and clarification on any discrepancies
- Ensure procedures are followed for special arrangements such as joint venture business.
- Organize all new sale/account material in accordance with filing protocols
- Distribute new sale/account material to both internal/external partners in accordance with documented procedures
- Provide assistance and direction to other department staff on processes and requirements
- Process all letters of agreement, terminations/rollovers and amendments once approved by an underwriter.
- Record action on Group Track system
- Update Underwriting Pricing System to accurately reflect the change
- Notify joint venture partners of changes
- Complete inter-department route sheet, clearly indicating changes
- Ensure any revised rates are forwarded with the amendment to the New Business department and any Joint Venture business partners are notified as per set procedures
- Contact Underwriter and/or Group Business Development Manager for missing information and clarification on any discrepancies
Quotes, New Sales, Amendment, Renewals
- Input required quote/new sales information into database for analysis by Underwriting Manager(s)/Director
- Input required information for unsuccessful quote into database for analysis by Actuarial/Underwriting Manager(s)/Director.
- Update Underwriting database for tracking service standards and productivity (ex. Panarama)
Direct Reports: 0 Indirect Reports: 0
- Regular Office Environment
Impact on the Organization:
- Treat all confidential material with a high level of integrity
- Effectiveness and efficiency of resource management in achieving results while maintaining consistently high levels of quality, accuracy and timeliness, as well as continuously striving to improve processes, reporting and service levels
Impact on the Client:
- Timely response to inquiries
- Efficient and effective service delivery
- Post –secondary education
- One year of related work experience
- Working towards CEBS or LOMA designation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates flexibility with situations on the job that require taking on new initiatives, tasks or responsibilities.
- Works co-operatively and supportively with other teams or work groups inside and outside of the organization.
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program A generous compensation package including a competitive salary and a benefits program Opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to giving back to your community through volunteering and an emphasis on environmental and sustainable business practices.
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by March 8, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.
|1920 College Ave
Regina, SK S4P1C4