Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for a Technical Database Administrator for our IT department (location is flexible).
As a senior technical resource, the Technical Database Administrator (Technical DBA) provides technical leadership in database management. The Technical DBA plays a key role in implementing, supporting and improving the organizations various database requirements.
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology or Computer Science with a minimum of 5 years of experience with relational database management systems or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expertise in database management, design (including data structures), and performance testing
- Completion of Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) certification or Oracle Certified Professional DBA (OCP-DBA) is desirable.
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment.
- Overtime and on-call is a requirement of this role.
- Working with remote teams is required, and may include some travel to other locations in Canada.
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by August 30, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.
|1920 College Ave
Regina, SK S4P1C4