Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
Are you looking for a summer job that offers challenge, builds skills and provides opportunity for career advancement in future years? … Then look no further.
The Co-operators, a major Canadian insurance/financial services organization and a recognized industry leader in quality client service, is looking for a Reporting Center Summer Student to provide a full range of administrative support services to the Reporting Center Claims Department in Calgary, Alberta. This position will start in May and extend until September.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Provide a full range of administrative support services including payments to vendors, assigning payments from dashboard, taking property calls on the queue, faxing, photocopying, filing, dealing with incoming mail, following up with Third Party Adjusters and Vendors, ordering police reports, and all other duties as identified.
- Provide back-up support to existing Claims Administrators which includes database administration, spreadsheets, word processing and claims file set-ups.
- Provide support and assistance to other departments as required during times of major events (i.e. storms)
- Currently pursuing post-secondary education
- Well-developed computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Accurate keyboarding skills
- Professional manner
- Ability to work independently and multi-task when necessary
- Organization and time management skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Working among a team of diverse individuals
- Learn about insurance while working for one of the top 50 Best Employers In Canada
- Gain transferable skills and experience to use in both your educational pursuits & professional career development
- Be surrounded by excellent coworkers working in a high performance culture
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by April 24, 2014.
The Co-operators group of companies are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview and you have a disability which will require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with the hiring manager as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com .
About The Co‑operators
The Co‑operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through our group of companies, we offer home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. Our co-operative values make us a different kind of insurance company – one built on honesty, hard work and concern for the communities in which we live and work. We've received many accolades, including being ranked among the 50 Best Employers in Canada by Aon Hewitt, and the Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations in Canada by Sustainalytics and Maclean's magazine. As a member of our team, you'll be part of a big organization with a small company feel, working alongside a highly engaged group of people who are passionate about what they do. And you'll see why we believe The Co‑operators truly is a better place to work.