Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
Are you looking for a summer job that offers challenge, builds skills and provides opportunity for career advancement in future years? … Then look no further.
The Co-operators, a major Canadian insurance/financial services organization and a recognized industry leader in quality client service, is looking for a Reporting Center Summer Student to provide a full range of administrative support services to the Reporting Center Claims Department in Calgary, Alberta. This position will start in May and extend until September.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Provide a full range of administrative support services including payments to vendors, assigning payments from dashboard, taking property calls on the queue, faxing, photocopying, filing, dealing with incoming mail, following up with Third Party Adjusters and Vendors, ordering police reports, and all other duties as identified.
- Provide back-up support to existing Claims Administrators which includes database administration, spreadsheets, word processing and claims file set-ups.
- Provide support and assistance to other departments as required during times of major events (i.e. storms)
- Currently pursuing post-secondary education
- Well-developed computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Accurate keyboarding skills
- Professional manner
- Ability to work independently and multi-task when necessary
- Organization and time management skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Working among a team of diverse individuals
- Learn about insurance while working for one of the top 50 Best Employers In Canada
- Gain transferable skills and experience to use in both your educational pursuits & professional career development
- Be surrounded by excellent coworkers working in a high performance culture
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by April 24, 2014.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com .
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.