Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
Reporting to the Manager of Marketing Programs, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for applying highly developed marketing and communication planning and execution skills to marketing programs and promotional communications. The Marketing Specialist is also responsible for the execution of our newsletters, direct marketing, contest and response incentive programs
- Post Secondary education in marketing, communications or related business degree/diploma is required with additional relevant training from a professional industry organization
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in a marketing/insurance environment to understand the intricacies of graphic design, print production and marketing communication
- Experience in financial services/insurance
- Ability to initiate, plan, lead and measure projects
- Excellent organization, scheduling, time management and multi-tasking skills; ability to apply meticulous attention to detail in a busy environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of personal computer and software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes) and internet principals and practices
- A full time position with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by September 28, 2012.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.