Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for a temporary Litigation Lawyer in our Legal Services department for a 12 month term. Location can be Regina, Burlington, or Toronto.
- Conducts and manages litigation and provides legal advice and direction
- Represents Co-operators Life Insurance Company and its subsidiaries’ interests in litigated matters across Canada
- Provides litigation expertise and advice to external counsel, where required
- Handles all aspects of litigation including reviewing claims decision, preparing pleadings, conducting examinations for discovery, attending mediations, negotiating settlements, and conducting all other pre-trial processes.
- Provides legal advice and direction to in-house clients in connection with litigation or potential litigation, including the interpretation of insurance policies, legislation and case law.
- Bachelor of Laws Degree or Juris Doctor
- Active member of the Law Society of Saskatchewan or Law Society of Upper Canada
- Litigation experience
- Experience defending life, accident & sickness or travel insurance litigation desirable
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program A generous compensation package including a competitive salary and a benefits program Opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to giving back to your community through volunteering and an emphasis on environmental and sustainable business practices.
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by February 22, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.
|1920 College Ave
Regina, SK S4P1C4