Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
Leads the IT Portfolio Planning and Communications function within the IT Business Management Office. Provide communications support to enable IT to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders. Actively manages the coordination and planning of IT enterprise-wide communications, including IT quarterly results, CIO scorecard and IT governance reporting. Manages planning and co-ordination of group-wide IT communications initiatives, including town halls, roadshows and other venues. Key responsibilities of this position also include ongoing management of the IT Project Portfolio. Provides support for executive decision-making including IT portfolio financial targets, intake and prioritization activities, integrated status, financial and progress reporting on the IT enterprise project work plan. Provides direction and supports Project managers relative to project costing. Tracks & monitors responses to outstanding IT audit issues.
This role has a flexible work location between Burlington, ON, Guelph, ON, Regina, SK or Calgary, AB.
- University degree (or equivalent) required. Degree in Business Administration is an asset Five (5) years of progressive IT leadership experience in the financial services industry
- Finance or accounting designation (CGA, CMA, or CA) an asset
- Strong understanding of IT project portfolio planning and reporting concepts
- Highly skilled in organizing, negotiating, consensus building, creative problem solving, communication and relationship building
- Ability to work effectively with senior management teams
- Good business experience and judgment
- Broad management experience
- High degree of knowledge of project governance standards.
- Experienced in the development of score-cards.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, lead and manage change.
- Experience in developing and leading high functioning teams.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Achievement Motivation
- Service Partner Orientation
- Teamwork and Co-operation
- Analytical Thinking
- Ability to handle ambiguity
- High degree of initiative and sense of urgency
- Awareness of relevant technology and related issues
- General knowledge of factors affecting business
- Strong impact and influence skills
- Excellent PC skills (MS Excel, Access, Word & PowerPoint)
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment
- A full time position with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by April 17, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.