Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for a General Insurance Advisor in St John’s, Newfoundland.
The General Insurance Advisor plays a key role in supporting and developing agency operations through outbound prospecting, client contact and sales activities. General Insurance Advisors identify prospects in both personal and business markets, determine needs and as a trusted insurance advisor, make informed product recommendations. They may also be involved in the development and growth of personal lines products (home/auto insurance).
- A General insurance license is required.
- Meet all provincial-licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education in order to obtain and maintain all licenses.
- A minimum of two (2) years sales experience or related business or marketing experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization, time management, client service, decision making and problem solving.
- Valid drivers license.
- Knowledge of insurance products and strong underwriting skills is an asset
- Comfortable in a technology dependent work environment
Experience in Commercial and Farm is an asset.
- An opportunity to work with one of the 50 Best employers in Canada.
- Become a professional in your community, working for clients who know and trust you.
- Innovation, guidance and respect. These are the benefits of being supported by a company committed to your success.
- A generous compensation package including a competitive compensation and benefits program.
- Opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to giving back to your community through volunteerism and an emphasis on environmental and sustainable business practices.
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program.
Choice, Recognition. Growth.
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by April 29, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.
St John's, NL A1A 2M7