Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for a General / Commercial Insurance Advisor in Ottawa, Ontario.
The General Insurance Advisor plays a key role in supporting and developing agency operations through outbound prospecting, client contact and sales activities. General Insurance Advisors identify prospects in both personal and business markets, determine needs and as a trusted Insurance Advisor, make informed product recommendations. They may also be involved in the development and growth of personal Lines products (home / auto insurance) and specialty lines (farm and/or commercial) portfolios. This role will specialize in the commercial product.
- General Insurance License is required. Other Insurance License(s) may be required depending on the specialty focus for the role.
- Meet all provincial-licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education in order to obtain and maintain all licenses.
- A minimum of two (2) years sales experience or related business or marketing experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance products and strong underwriting skills is an asset.
- Strong skills in communication (verbal and written), organization, time management, client service, decision making, problem solving.
- Candidate must be comfortable in a technology dependent environment including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Valid drivers license may be required.
- Bilingualism (English & French) is an asset.
- A full time position with one of the 50 Best Employers In Canada.
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning.
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program.
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary and benefits program.
- Opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to giving back to your community through volunteering and an emphasis on environmental and sustainable business practices.
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by December 30, 2012.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.