Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for an Enterprise Security Compliance Specialist within Group Information Technology department with location flexibility between Burlington, Mississauga, Guelph and Toronto.
Responsible for the definition, design, development and implementation of The Co-operators group of companies Information Security Compliance framework, this role participates in the establishment and implementation of processes and practices that effectively and efficiently ensure the adherence of business processes and technology practices across the enterprise to the enterprise Information Security policy as well as regulatory/legislative requirements and industry best practices.
Focus is placed on collaborating with the Corporate Audit, Risk Management, Privacy, and Compliance functions as well as individual business units including IT to ensure that all IT security and compliance audits are conducted, non-compliances are tracked, measured, and reported, and inadequacies are remediated
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Science Knowledgeable along with at least 8 years progressive industry experience in the Information Systems, audit or compliance profession.
- 5+ years of direct information security compliance work experience, ideally in insurance industry.
- In-depth experience designing and implementing compliance frameworks.
- Understanding of information security audit and compliance standards and regulations such as PCI, ISO 2700x, PIPEDA, COBIT, CEO/CFO Certification.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Strong leadership skills, communicating and influencing business application owners/champions, users and 3rd party suppliers
- Familiarity with Financial Services and Insurance regulatory items such as OSFI
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability, mediate and facilitate communications between others, and communicate information security compliance to all levels of management and customers. Must have the ability to gain buy-in from stakeholders on complex issues.
- Must hold one of the following certifications: CISSP, CISA
- A full time position with one of the 50 Best Employers In Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by April 26, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.
|5600 Cancross Court
Mississauga, ON L5R3E9