Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for a qualified Claims Administrator in the Whitby, Ontario office. The successful Claims Administrator is responsible for providing a full range of administrative support services to the Claims department. This position will be part-time, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm daily.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide telephone support and reception services which will involve broad contact internally and contact with external clients and partners.
- Provide a full range of administrative support services including faxing, photocopying, filing, dealing with incoming mail, ordering office supplies and organizing meetings. Provide required support that includes sound knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Confidentially and appropriately collect and disseminate information, ensuring that sensitive, proprietary and confidential information is released only to those authorized.
- Respond to claim inquiries and direct clients to the appropriate individual
- Process payments for both claims and operational expenses.
- Organize and maintain closed claim files.
- One (1) year related business experience or equivalent in education
- Well developed computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet and email systems.
- Accurate keyboarding skills and the ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task when necessary.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment.
- A part-time position with one the 50 Best Employers In Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by January 17, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.