Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for an Associate Financial Advisor in our Toronto/North York/Scarborough, Ontario office.
As an Associate Financial Advisor, you will play a key role in supporting and developing agency operations through outbound prospecting, client contact and sales activities. Associate Financial Advisors will identify prospects in both personal and business markets, determine needs and act as a trusted insurance advisor in making informed product recommendations. They may also be involved in the development and growth of personal lines products (home/auto insurance) and speciality lines (farm and/or commercial) portfolios.
- Life License is required
- General or other Insurance License(s) may be required depending on the specialty focus for the role.
- A minimum of two (2) years sales experience or related business or marketing experience is preferred
- Knowledge of insurance products and strong underwriting skills is an asset
- Strong skills in communication (verbal and written), organization, time management, client service, decision making, problem solving
- Candidate must be comfortable in a technology dependent environment including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license may be required
- A full time position with one the 50 Best Employers in Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary and benefits program.
- Opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to giving back to your community through volunteering and an emphasis on environmental and sustainable business practices
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by October 10, 2012.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.