Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for a temporary Actuarial Assistant or Actuarial Associate in the Individual Insurance and Wealth Management area in Regina for 15 months.
The role of the Actuarial Assistant/Associate assists in the development, pricing, and product support of all individual and group wealth management products. This work directly impacts the financial position of the company as the products and rates are often set at a particular point in time, effectively guaranteeing that position to the client, and the products must be carefully managed.
- Model new and existing products using GGY AXIS software and analyse results.
- Maintain pricing models and review critical assumptions on a regular basis.
- Prepare individual and group annuity quotations; co-ordinate implementation of successful quotes.
- Provide regular financial and expense reporting to internal clients.
- Understand product features and how they compare to industry.
- Respond to inquiries from advisors, clients, and other departments regarding existing policies; provide ad hoc calculations as required.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor of Science or other Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Candidates should have successfully completed courses in applied and mathematical statistics and actuarial models.
- Candidates must have passed at least two Society of Actuaries exams and be planning to continue writing exams to achieve a Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA) designation.
- Candidates should have strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office 2010. Experience with GGY AXIS and/or coding VBA macros for Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access would be considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are an important part of this role.
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by March 21, 2013.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit http://www.cooperators.ca.
|1920 College Ave
Regina, SK S4P1C4