The insurance business is a complex industry and requires an integrated approach to understanding risk and the impacts to our business and the communities in which we operate. The risk management team includes professionals who develop methods and processes to analyze events, assess the risks or opportunities to our business, and propose ways to mitigate risk and optimize risk exposure.
Become a leader in an emerging field
Our risk management team works closely with business partners across the country to identify, analyze and determine risks, as well as look for opportunities to protect our resources so we can better serve our clients, staff and communities.
Careers in risk management include risk analysts, business continuity consultants, senior roles directing company-wide initiatives, and loss prevention specialists, who inspect properties and advise financial advisors and clients on making their commercial enterprises safer and free from risk of loss. These professionals examine a wide variety of risk areas, including reputational and competitive, regulatory and financial, catastrophic and emerging exposures, reinsurance, product design and pricing risk.
- Most roles require post-secondary education in business, finance, or actuarial sciences.
- Designations such as Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP), Certificate in Risk Management (CRM), Certificate in fire protection technologies, Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI), Chartered Management Accountant (CMA).
- Some roles also require post-graduate designations such as the Fellow, Society of Actuaries (FSA).
- Knowledge or experience in building construction is an asset for the loss prevention specialist roles.
- Analysis, problem-solving, judgement and decision making.
- Project management.
- Business acumen.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
Interested in this career?