Our human resource professionals are strategic partners who work closely with staff in all business areas to manage and develop talent within our vast organization. They make sure that we are achieving our business objectives with the development of innovative HR programs and services that foster an inspiring and high-performance environment. Our HR teams ensure that our people practices reflect our organizational values of integrity, respect, excellence, open communication, teamwork, corporate citizenship and co-operative principles.
Our people make the difference
Human resources consists of a network of generalists and specialists who partner with our business and corporate groups to advise on a broad spectrum of programs, services and initiatives for staff across the country. Some of the areas within human resources include:
- Post secondary education in business, social sciences, organizational development, human resources, adult education, or instructional design.
- Most roles require post-secondary education, depending on the discipline, but may include business education with focus on human resources; adult education; social sciences; or health sciences/kinesiology.
- Specific professional development depending on the role, such as Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP), Certified Return to Work Co-ordinator (CRTWC), Certified Payroll Management Program
(CPMP), Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) and Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP).
- Flexibility to adapt to work effectively in different situations.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
Interested in this career?