Our actuaries are integral to our business. Actuaries analyze data to estimate probabilities of an event taking place, such as death, sickness, injury, disability, or property loss. This analysis ensures that we price products appropriately and set aside adequate reserves for payment. Actuaries are also involved in determining potential risk of various options to maximize return on investment, and they consult during the product development process.
Your better opportunity awaits
We offer a breadth of experience in the actuarial profession within the property, casualty, life and health insurance disciplines. Your career could range from product development, research and pricing to valuation, liability analysis and risk management. Actuarial students also gain much of their experience in these areas through our formal job rotation program.
Opportunities in this field include:
- Management positions in actuarial departments, analyzing pricing, profitability, and/or valuation.
- Senior actuarial roles, including appointed Actuary or Chief Actuary roles responsible for the overall actuarial function.
- Our actuarial student program, which offers experience in different lines of insurance, including at the Associate level leading pricing or research initiatives.
We understand the challenges involved in pursuing your designation. To support you in achieving your best,
- Successful completion of Society of Actuary exams or designations dependant on position. Designations include:
- Property and Casualty: Associate (ACAS) or Fellowship (FCAS) of the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Life and Health: Associate (ASA or CERA) or Fellow (FSA and/or FCIA)
- Post secondary education in actuarial science, math, statistics or related degree
- Analysis and problem solving.
Interested in this career?