As the stewards of our company resources and assets, our Accounting and Finance professionals focus on maximizing our financial performance and ensuring the accurate, timely and transparent reporting and management of financial information.
Lead the way to success
Because insurance is a highly regulated industry, professionals in these roles are essential to ensure our business meets all of the required financial, statutory and regulatory reporting requirements. They also positively influence the profitability of the company by identifying ways to effectively manage our funds.
Our Accounting and Finance teams include:
- Accounting clerks who process accounts payable and related reconciliation functions.
- Financial analysts who apply their understanding of the business performance drivers of financial risk and return to identify areas for improvement. They analyze competitive information to develop and present proactive, forward-looking options for maximizing future financial performance.
- Accountants who provide financial, statutory and regulatory reporting, including ensuring compliance with regulatory and GAAP requirements.
- Internal auditors who execute the overall audit process in our financial, operational and information technology operations.
- Management professionals who oversee the financial and accounting teams and functions.
Expert training provided
We support employees who choose to pursue their professional designations as a Chartered Accountant, a Certified Management Accountant, or a Certified General Accountant.
- Many roles require post-secondary education, preferably in a business-related discipline or specializing in accounting/finance.
- Conceptual understanding of mathematical models and relationships and a solid understanding of financial concepts.
- Further career progression is possible by obtaining an accounting designation such as Chartered Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or Certified General Accountant.
Interested in this career?